Pour a cup of coffee and pull your computer close. Get those headlines and urls ready. Arkansas Press Women’s annual contest opens Oct. 1.
Entries must have been published, posted or broadcast Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2018. You do not have to be an APW member to enter, and the contest is open to men and women who are Arkansas residents or students.
Here’s what entrants need to know:
- Contest opens for entries Oct. 1. Enter all work on the NFPW website.
- Work must have been published, posted or broadcast in calendar year 2018.
- Early bird deadline is Jan. 9, 2019.
- APW members pay $15 for the first entry, $10 for each additional entry. Nonmembers are welcome to enter. Their fees are $30 for the first entry and $20 for successive entries.
- You may enter Jan. 10-22, but those entries are considered “late” and will incur a one-time $25 fee in addition to entry fees above.
- The newly revised NFPW website lists all the categories and other details.
APW members who earn first place at the state level can compete at the national level, and winners are announced at the NFPW conference in Baton Rouge next June. Nonmembers can move on to the national contest by joining APW.